Resources to support parents in understanding the new NSW K–10 syllabuses incorporating Australian curriculum are now available free on the Board’s NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website.
The resources provide clear and important messages about the four new syllabuses: English, Mathematics, Science and Technology, and History.
The first resource is a video presentation that many schools have used during parent meetings at their schools.
A brochure is also provided which contains additional information for parents.
The Parents’ Guide to the new NSW K–10 syllabuses provides an excellent summary of:
- the nature of Australian curriculum
- how it will be implemented in NSW schools
- when the new NSW syllabuses incorporating Australian curriculum will be taught in NSW
- what children will learn at school using the new syllabuses
- cross curriculum priorities and general capabilities.
Teachers and parents can view the four new K–10 syllabuses for NSW schools on the Board’s NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website.
For K–6 enquiries, contact:
Board Inspector, Primary
(02) 9367 8199
For NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website enquiries, contact: