Board of Studies news
Review all media releases.
- Communications Officer
- Julie-Anne Scott
- Phone +61 2 9367 8308
- Mobile +61 400 998 856
- Email: julie-anne.scott @bos.nsw.edu.au
These contact numbers are for journalists only. Students, teachers and other members of the public should refer to the Contact Us page for the most relevant contact for their enquiry.
The Board has launched a website making it quicker and easier to access the new NSW K–10 syllabuses for English, Mathematics, Science and History incorporating Australian curriculum content. You can now use the NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website to navigate the syllabuses and access support materials anytime, anywhere on a variety of devices.
Use this website to:
- find outcomes and content for the syllabuses via the page links or the left navigation menu
- view a video introduction to the website from the President in ‘About’ on the left navigation menu
- view guides for teachers, schools and parents in ‘Support Materials’ page links
- view navigation guides for each syllabus in ‘Support Materials’ page links
- find advice on assessment in ‘Support Materials’ page links.
Website features also enable you to:
- view syllabuses by stage or subject
- search in syllabuses and support materials
- filter learning across the curriculum content
- use a hyperlinked glossary when viewing content
- download as a PDF or Word doc
- view interactive and accessible mathematics equations and diagrams.
Print versions of the syllabuses along with introductory guides are being dispatched progressively to schools. The K–6 version is entitled volume 1 and the 7–10 version is volume 2. Both volume 1 and 2 contain the continuum of learning for K–10.
More support materials and additional website features will be available at a later date. To keep informed of new additions to the website visit the ‘News and Events’ link on the website’s homepage and subscribe to the Board’s weekly email bulletin.
If you have a question or would like to provide feedback about this website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about implementation of the new syllabuses in NSW read the Official Notice.