Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
The NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website has been updated to provide enhanced advice and support for teachers of students with special education needs.
In particular, further explanation of the collaborative curriculum planning process and a proposed model for conducting planning meetings has been provided, as well as strengthened advice in relation to making adjustments to support students with special education needs.
Along with this information, teachers will find a range of sample materials that provide invaluable support for programming teaching and learning experiences for students with special education needs.
Sample units of work, including:
- programming for students with complex communication needs in K–6
- making adjustments for students following regular course outcomes in K–6 and 7–10
- integrating Life Skills outcomes and content with regular course outcomes
- programming Life Skills outcomes and content.
Sample scope and sequences, including:
- integrating Life Skills outcomes within a scope and sequence for a Stage or year
- planning Life Skills units of work for a Stage or year.
For more information, contact:
Senior Curriculum Officer, Special Education
(02) 9367 8184