Board of Studies news
Review all media releases.
- Communications Officer
- Julie-Anne Scott
- Phone +61 2 9367 8308
- Mobile +61 400 998 856
- Email: julie-anne.scott @bos.nsw.edu.au
These contact numbers are for journalists only. Students, teachers and other members of the public should refer to the Contact Us page for the most relevant contact for their enquiry.
Two new resources have been added to the Board’s suite of resources for the implementation of the new K–6 syllabuses in 2014.
These large (A1) syllabus posters provide teachers with an overview of the sequence of learning and skill development, from Early Stage 1 through to Stage 3, in English and Mathematics.
Teachers can use these at-a-glance wall posters in their classroom to:
- identify the appropriate stage to introduce key concepts and skills
- identify the key concepts and skills that precede or follow those introduced in a particular stage
- program teaching and learning experiences to build on and extend key concepts and skills developed in earlier stages of learning
- place individual students on the continuum of learning, based on the knowledge, skills and understanding of the key concepts they demonstrate.
These invaluable resources are available for purchase from the Board’s Shop Online – search using the term poster.
For K–6 enquiries, contact:
Board Inspector, Primary
(02) 9367 8199