Board of Studies news
Review all media releases.
- Communications Officer
- Julie-Anne Scott
- Phone +61 2 9367 8308
- Mobile +61 400 998 856
- Email: julie-anne.scott @bos.nsw.edu.au
These contact numbers are for journalists only. Students, teachers and other members of the public should refer to the Contact Us page for the most relevant contact for their enquiry.
BOS 35/12Who needs to read this notice:
Head teachers (TAS)
Information Technology teachers
The new Stage 6 Information and Digital Technology Curriculum Framework syllabus based on the nationally endorsed Information and Communications Technology (ICA11) Training Package is now available.
Key features of the revised syllabus include:
- pathways to Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICA30111)
- options for studying in specialised areas of web and software applications, networking and hardware and digital animation
- simplified syllabus format
- new format for describing the HSC Content.
Implementation of the new Stage 6 Information and Digital Technology Curriculum Framework syllabus will commence in 2013.
The first Information and Digital Technology HSC examination based on the new syllabus will be conducted in 2014.
Further advice is available about students completing the existing Information Technology (240 indicative hours) course in 2013 – refer to Official Notice: Amendment to the existing Stage 6 Information Technology Curriculum Framework syllabus for 2013 (BOS 34/12).
For further information:
Phone (02) 9367 8310